20 Minutes ABC (After Book Club)

Wow, that went well! Lots of awkward pauses and someone didn't have audio, but other than that it went smooth as a snake slithering across a lake of butter (wait, was that a weird metaphor?). It helped that everyone had actually read the book, of course. Scheduling wasn't so hard given that everyone is under quarantine and all their homeschooler extracurricular activities have been cancelled. Now all I need is to come up with some discussion questions for The Hunger Games. Easy, right? Maybe not so much...

I'm closing in on something resembling completion of my revisions! I can feel it. Now all I need is to completely overhaul my first few chapters. I already got rid of the prologue, but I think there's still too much backstory. I need to hook readers in from the start. Last time I tried to "kill my darlings" and pressed backspace on those first few chapters, I ended up chickening out. Here's to hoping that I find either the courage to revamp those chapters or some incredible explanation for why I shouldn't have to...

Comments

Popular Posts