I finished rereading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe today, and had forgotten just how good it was. It's raining buckets now. I can't sleep at the moment because I keep staying up late and getting up even later. "It was a dark and stormy night, and the plague was spreading." Yep, that's my life right now! Wait, maybe that's why I can't sleep. The c-word: coronavirus. Nah, let's just call it the c-word. Fortunately, books are always there for us, except that bookstores and libraries are closed. There's always Amazon, I suppose ... lining Bezos' pockets might be worth it if that's what it takes to get your next great read. Fantasy gets you away from this jacked-up world and is perfect for a rainy March evening, or afternoon, or morning. Or even if it's not raining. Dystopian reminds you that this jacked-up world could be a lot more jacked up. Great characters drive away those isolation blues and make you feel less alone. Try putting aside whatever device you're on right now and turning to one of your favorite books. 

Comments

Popular Posts